The Week in Crypto
High level Bitcoin hype flourished this week in response to major events in regulation and mining, with bull indicators and plenty of FUD in the mix.
The Crypto Week in Summary
- Exxon doubles down on BTC mining
- Countries everywhere look at crypto regs
- Rubles vs. Fiat
- NFT giant raises $450 million
Top Market Trends:
- Favorable regulation news this week included Japan enabling Bitcoin trading on all exchanges and US regions vying to be the “most crypto friendly”, including Florida, Texas, Wyoming, Colorado, and NYC.
- Billions in ETH and BTC moved off exchanges in the past fourteen days, possibly signaling that investors are hoarding BTC in expectations of an upward trend.
- Russia made the wartime decision to require their oil and gas trades to "unfriendly" countries to settle in rubles or Bitcoin.
- Exxon Mobile pilot using flared methane to mine Bitcoin in North Dakota is expanding to 4 countries & Alaska, according to Bloomberg.
*the super majors have entered the chat*https://t.co/wdoH9nl3Ob— Marty Bent (@MartyBent) March 24, 2022
On Thursday, Bitcoin (BTC) had climbed to its highest level since March 3rd, posting 3 straight days of gains while trending above the 20-day moving average for much of the week. BTC/USD closed out the week +7.42% and with a new hash rate all-time-high to signal network strength.
- Bitcoin’s rise follows a recent breakout of the $42,500 resistance level.
- With Bitcoin ranging in an ascending triangle pattern, analysts suggest we could see a massive BTC pump in the coming weeks, and a subsequent altcoin season.
- Bitcoin difficulty has tapered after a steady accumulation phase since mid-July 2021, signaling a trend of less competition (and more potential profit) for retail miners.
The top ten altcoins all had 20%+ gains over the last 7 days.
- Terra Blockchain purchased its first $125 million of BTC for its UST stablecoin reserves. Terra announced they would be creating a Bitcoin reserve of $11 billion in total, marking an historic stablecoin migration from pegging to fiat currencies to Bitcoin.
Terra’s UST stablecoin adopting the bitcoin standard is a welcomed development. #Bitcoin is for everyone.— Pomp 🌪 (@APompliano) March 23, 2022
Get Ready for DEX Trading at Quadency!
- Bored Ape Yacht Club Creator Yuga Labs raised $450 million at $4 billion valuation to build an NFT Metaverse. Read more.
- Bitcoin 2022 Miami Conference has a roster that is heating up. Slated for April 6th-9th, the all-star lineup includes Michael Saylor, Jack Maller, and Cathie Wood. Read more.
- Cashio algorithmic stablecoin suffered an “infinite mint glitch” exploit, which drained $28 million from Cashio’s TVL (total value locked). Read more.
Focus on: QUAD Liquidity Rewards Program
In case you missed it, DeFi traders can now trade through Quadency’s DEX, which is based on the popular SushiSwap protocol. Here is what you need to know:
- Quadency DEX is now live as a fork of SushiSwap
- Providing liquidity has never been easier
- Liquidity Providers earn 0.25 of trading fees PLUS a share of 228,571 QUAD tokens each week
- Choose from QUAD/ETH and QUAD/USDC pools
Pro tip: DEX Trading at Quadency
With the Quadency DEX you can experience DeFi in a whole new way!
→ Swap thousands of cryptocurrencies without third parties
→ Provide liquidity to pools to earn rewards
→ Become a QUAD Liquidity Provider on SushiSwap
Here's how to get started with DEX Trading:
Read our complete guide to Providing Liquidity with QUAD.
- Get ready to trade CeFi and DeFi in one place: Quadency
- Check out our Guide to DEX Trading
- Discover QUAD tokens today!
Quadency is a cryptocurrency portfolio management platform that aggregates digital asset exchanges into one easy-to-use interface for traders and investors of all skill levels. Users access simplified automated bot strategies and a 360 portfolio view with a free account.
Disclaimer: The content of this article is for general market education and commentary and is not intended to serve as financial, investment, or any other type of advice.