The Week in Crypto
Moonbirds crushed OpenSea volume records, a Russian Bitcoin mining bill clashed with new US sanctions, and privacy coins surged this week in crypto.
At a glance
- DappRadar cites massive blockchain game growth
- Moonbirds NFTs setting OpenSea records
- Russia & US target Bitcoin miners for different reasons
- Beanstalk suffers flash loan attack
Top Market Trends:
- Moonbirds NFTs broke records on OpenSea trading $240 million and accounting for close to 40% of all OpenSea trading volume in its first four days.
- Blockchain-based game usage jumped over 2000% YoY since Q1 2021, according to a report published by DappRadar.
- 21Shares and ETF Securities collaborated to launch Australia’s first spot Bitcoin ETF. The 21Shares Bitcoin ETF (EBTC) goes live on April 27th.
- Russia amended their digital currency bill to allow for Bitcoin mining and cryptocurrency trading, while the latest round of US-led sanctions is set to target Russian Bitcoin miners.
Moonbirds' trading volume on Opensea is higher than the rest of the top 10 combined (last 7 days) pic.twitter.com/6rGypAyFEY— Blockworks (@Blockworks_) April 21, 2022
Bitcoin (BTC) recovered from an early week dip, rallied to over $42,000 and finished out the last 7 days with a slight gain of .64%.
- Relative strength index (RSI) neared overbought levels on the 18th.
- BTC has stabilized above the $40k resistance level.
- A series of higher lows since late January indicated a slowdown in selling pressure.
- Ethereum (ETH) was down slightly for the week but down almost 19% since the start of the year. Analysts remain long-term bullish with the upcoming Merge upgrade.
- Tron (TRON) price spiked over 18% after the announcement that it would be launching an algorithmic stablecoin (USDD) in May.
- ApeCoin (APE) price jumped to an ATH of $17.34 on Thursday and jumping 18%+.
Dollar cost average the smart way with Quadency’s Accumulator Bot!
- Toncoin (TON) whales donated $1B to the TON Foundation for ecosystem development. TON originated via Telegram, which was sued by the SEC after raising $1.7B in the GRAM token sale.
- Beanstalk DeFi project suffered a flash loan attack losing $80 million, $250,000 of which was donated to Ukraine. The project's stablecoin token $BEAN uncoupled from its peg by 75% and is now priced at $0.145.
- Ethereum Foundation reported that 80% of its $1.61 billion treasury holdings are in ETH in its treasury disclosure report published April 19.
- Apple iPhone users were warned against saving their private keys on their iCloud due to a scam that requests password resets and uses 2FA codes to control an Apple ID.
🔒 If you have enabled iCloud backup for app data, this will include your password-encrypted MetaMask vault. If your password isn’t strong enough, and someone phishes your iCloud credentials, this can mean stolen funds. (Read on 👇) 1/3— MetaMask 🦊💙 (@MetaMask) April 17, 2022
Focus on: Terra UST
TerraUSD (UST) is a decentralized, algorithmic stablecoin built on the Terra LUNA blockchain. Instead of being backed 1:1 by the dollar, UST is exchangeable for LUNA tokens.
- This week, UST became the 3rd highest stablecoin by market cap, behind Tether (USDT) and USDC and surpassing Binance USD (BUSD).
- At the same time, LUNA spiked by over 11%.
- UST’s total marketcap is currently at $11.29 billion
Pro tip: TradingView Bot
Quadency's TradingView Bot enables traders to turn their TradingView alerts into actionable signals. When an alert is activated, the bot monitors incoming messages and then executes a desired action in real-time.
Thanks to the latest update, can now use one TradingView Bot v2.0 to trade multiple pairs at the same time. Find out how here.
- Automate your trades in a snap with Quadency
- Confused about crypto taxes? Read this.
- Discover QUAD tokens and start staking!
Quadency is a cryptocurrency portfolio management platform that aggregates digital asset exchanges into one easy-to-use interface for traders and investors of all skill levels. Users access simplified automated bot strategies and a 360 portfolio view with a free account.
Disclaimer: The content of this article is for general market education and commentary and is not intended to serve as financial, investment, or any other type of advice.